Pages

Friday 9 April 2010

Firsts


Firsts


A day of firsts: -

First day fly fishing this year.
First tangle . .
First time I’ve used my tiny ‘new’ (to me) Dingley with its silk line – I’d forgotten how great that ‘whizzzz’ sounds as the silk floats through the rod guides.

First reminder this year of how sharp hooks can be . . . .
First ‘Fishing days’ photos.
First time out for my winter acquisition ‘ATH Traun’ – for the uninformed these reels do not catch fish, make you a better caster or even make you sexually attractive to cute lady dog walkers . . . .  If you’re stuck with any Ari Hart reels I have a locked room where I can keep them from spoiling other anglers’ days.

First reminder of how my eyes aren’t getting any better, or leaders are getting finer and fly eyes getting smaller (?)
First live use of Steven’s knitted string tapered leaders – excellent.
First time, of many to come, when I've said to myself "I must tidy the junk out of my fishing bag" . . .yet, when I look in that bag I get a warm smiley feeling . . 
First day wearing my floppy old hat this year.
First snagged tree; no grass though . .
First fishing day smiles . . . 
Not the first reminder of why we do it.

Best wishes to all in the same boat,  . . . . or bank,  . . . . or waders

No comments:

Post a Comment